Before you learn how to create a private cloud server in the dedicated server, first you should know what is a private cloud server and its advantages and disadvantages so that you can yield fruitful results out of your effective resource allocation.
What is a Private Cloud?
A private cloud server is one of the solutions for IT computing issues that leverage your IT resources explicitly. It is an internal private network that allows only select users to utilize IT resources instead of the general public. It is completely managed by the organization with respect to cost, viability, and utilization.
Essential features of cloud server computing
- Independently manageable: In the cloud, without the intervention of a service provider or your IT department, you can effectively and easily manage your own services.
- Wide network area: If you have the Internet with good bandwidth, cloud computing is all yours.
- Resource pooling: Cloud services that run in a data center use a shared infrastructure with other customers such that saving space and allocation of IT resources as per the need become easy.
- Maximum optimization: Resources utilization on cloud is effectively monitored and reported for futuristic purposes.
How does a Private Cloud server work?
A private cloud server is a dedicated infrastructure offered only for a single customer. You can have the Private Cloud at your own datacenter or only computer room; you can also leave it to the service provider as well to manage, but you own the complete responsibility of cost incurred for the solution at any time.
How to implement a Private Cloud server?
Private Cloud is flexible to use and can be achieved through virtualization, no matter if you use Microsoft’s Hyper V or VMware. Successful implementation of Private Cloud depends on the following factors:
- Service monitoring and control: Private Cloud expects all servers to be the same for better and predicted results. Service management and automation play a key role in a cloud solution. You should maintain consistency in every action that you perform which should allow you to retry and documentable as well.
- Applications management: Applications’ quality is needed either to create or dissolve a cloud solution. Ensure that you are able to manage all your applications through the cloud’s provider management portal, but also have an eye on the allocation of resources to scale up or down according to the need.
- Organization: Adaptability in a shifting of technology plays an important role across the organization. If you are implementing a Private Cloud in your organization, it means that you are transferring from pure technology to business-driven solutions. So your IT department should be able to accept and understand the technology and grow along with improving knowledge.
How to split a dedicated server into a private cloud server
With the help of virtualization technology, you can create private clouds in a dedicated server. Each VPS replicates the features of dedicated servers and runs on the existing operating system that it has. Also, the Private cloud runs on the operating system that your dedicated server runs on. After you decide on the number of VPS servers you would like to split your dedicated server into, you should also decide which virtualization software to be installed on your dedicated server.
You have many open-source virtualization software available on the Internet where you do not need to pay any licensing fee. One such software that is performing well is Open VZ. Now follow these steps to integrate a Private cloud in the dedicated server:
- Click and open the server manager and choose Add rules and features. Search for the Server Rules option.
- Install the Hypervisor (the operating system) and open the Hyper V manager.
- On the left panel, right-click on the Hyper V manager and click Connect to Server.
- Now choose Local Computer and click on OK.
- Click Virtual Switch Manager at the right side of the panel and then choose New Virtual Network Switch.
- Select External and then click the Create Virtual Switch button.
- Name your virtual switch for easy recognition and click on Apply and then on OK.
- Complete the installation of Hyper-V configurations and install the Operating system along with configuring the installed resources.
- Redo the same procedure for installing all the resources successfully.
This is how you create a Private cloud server in the dedicated server. But you should also go through several other techie blogs and forums to check how many prefer/do not prefer a Private Cloud server and what are its disadvantages as well so that you can make a wise decision before you invest on such servers.
Though virtualization is beneficial, obtaining a Private cloud server sometimes may or may not help in finding out solutions during complex situations. Hope this blog has provided you useful information on Private Cloud server.