VPS word is the combination of three letters where V stands for Virtual, P stands for private and S means Server. To understand the use of VPS hosting, it is essential to building a good understanding of this term. So in this article first we will explain these three terms with examples in a sequence so that idea of this term could be clearer and then we will move on all those benefits that we can get from this.
Virtual means a thing that exists but not physically in front of you. You cannot visit anywhere in the data centre for a particular server to claim that ‘Yayeee! It’s my server.
Now two important words left to explain, the private server. Private means that it is owned by you and can only be controlled by you. Therefore, a virtual private server means that there are servers with individual properties. You can only reset it if you have forgotten the server’s root password. No one else has this authority. So we finally found the meaning of the Private in the VPS hosting.
Now, the last most interesting word is Server. As you become familiar with the two terms Virtual and Private, let’s understand the meaning of Server. A Server means a computer that processes code and has RAM and CPUs connected to the Internet 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have a dedicated IP address, you can also convert your computer to a server. So a server is just a computer that has a better Internet connection than your Internet connection and is connected to the Internet 24 hours a day. Another difference is that the server’s resources are used by compilers, web servers, and servers but not an application such as a web browser, game, design software,
So I think the picture of the VPS hosting is clear now. Let’s move on to using VPS. It is shocking to know the possibility of using this server.
- You can host your website on the VPS server. This is the most commonly used method in VPS hosting. Currently, VPS is primarily used to host websites and applications.
- Can be used as a VPN. A VPN is an abbreviation for a virtual private network and is primarily used for anonymity and online privacy. Once you know how to set up a VPN on your VPS, you can use it right away.
- You can configure RDP and use it as a new computer. Suppose your VPS has 8 GB of RAM and two vCPUs. You can configure RDP on this SMV to connect to the server and use it as a regular computer.
- You can set up a master node that earns money with cryptocurrency.
- Use as a cache to download and upload huge files from the Internet. Use as cache, indeed, VPS is a secure and very fast Internet connection. So, when you need to download and download huge files, download them from VPS instead of your local computer.
These are some of the uses of VPS hosting that everyone can understand and can use it according to their own purposes.