When you are trying to start a new website domain and Webhosting are two of the most important things that you need. You can find a domain name with the help of your provider and pick any name that is available. Then you can go ahead and register that domain name and use it for business purposes.
Now when it comes to choosing a web hosting plan you need to choose the one that suits your needs. The hosting solution that you choose is going to come with a certain amount of resources such as RAM, CPU, and Bandwidth.
There are some things that you need to keep in mind before you go ahead and choose a hosting plan such as storage space, traffic, and the software that you are planning to use. In this article, we are going to discuss shared hosting. It is one of the most commonly used hosting solutions in the market and it is quite pocket friendly as well.
What is Shared Hosting?
In Shared hosting, each multiple websites are hosted on a single server. Each website would have to share resources such as RAM, CPU, Storage space, and Bandwidth. There are plenty of advantages and disadvantages when it comes to shared hosting.
- Since the server is shared by multiple websites the hosting cost is quite low.
- The customer support is well trained and will resolve your queries in a short frame of time.
- In shared hosting even if you don’t possess any technical knowledge of servers you can still go ahead and build a website.
- The fact that you would have to share the resources with other websites means that the performance of your website will get affected.
- You will not have much control of the server and you won’t be able to customize it as per your requirement.
- Since there are multiple sites on a single server that does increase the level of threat to your website from hackers and malware.
In order to choose the right hosting solution, you need to know exactly what you are looking for. If you are planning to build a small website that will receive low traffic then shared hosting is the right hosting solution for you.
On the other hand, if you are planning to build a big website that is going to receive large amounts of viewers on a daily basis. Then you would have to choose between hosting solutions such as Virtual private server or Dedicated hosting. They might be able to meet your requirements and provide the resources that you need.
There are endless websites in the world that are using shared hosting for their website. It helps to give you a quick start, It’s light on the pocket and you don’t need to be tech-savvy. You might feel like you need more resources and security after a certain point of time and you can certainly go ahead and upgrade your hosting solution whenever you find it necessary.
We hope that this article helps you to choose the right hosting solution for your website. If you are looking for further assistance than get in touch with our experts at Ewebguru. We deliver impeccable hosting solutions at an affordable price.
Ashok Arora is CEO and Founder of eWebGuru a leading web hosting company of India. He is a tech enthusiast with more than 25 years of experience in Internet and Technology.
Ashok is Master in Electronics from a leading Indian university.
Ashok loves to write on cloud, servers, datacenter, virtualisation technology.