Cloud hosting is becoming quite popular in the world of hosting, more and more website owners are switching to cloud hosting from dedicated hosting. If you are planning to do the same then here are some things to keep in mind before you make your decision. You need to know exactly what you are looking for in a hosting plan and what are your specific requirements.
In this article we have highlighted some key differences between cloud hosting and dedicated hosting and why you should use cloud hosting for your website instead of dedicated hosting. Both the hosting solutions offer their unique advantages and disadvantages. It completely depends on the unique requirements that you are going to choose for your website. it is wise to gain sufficient information before going ahead and making a decision. So here are some pros and cons of both cloud hosting and dedicating hosting.
Advantages Of Cloud Hosting
- Dedicated hosting is a bit more expensive in comparison to cloud hosting. You would also have to invest in hiring a team of professionals to manage your dedicated hosting plan. Whereas in cloud hosting you only have to pay for the services you use. This is particularly suitable for those companies that are new in the market and are growing rapidly. In dedicated hosting users are bound by contracts and find it difficult to switch their hosting plan.
- Another benefit of cloud hosting is that you can deploy multiple virtual machines without having to invest large amounts in physical machines. This helps users to save a lot of money and get the same benefits without having to spend a lot.
- In cloud hosting, users can increase their resources in accordance with their requirements. In case you are running a promotion on your website and you are going to receive huge traffic you can increase your bandwidth accordingly and the website will perform smoothly.
- You would also need cloud hosting if you are planning to utilize the latest technologies such as BYOD, Gamification, Big Data Analytics, PaaS, Hybrid Cloud, DaaS. such innovative and advanced technologies can help you transform your business.
- Cloud hosting users can also benefit from APIs that launch virtual machines that help monitor performance and generate reports of cloud assets, network management, and data centers without having to invest in any hardware.
Advantages Of Dedicated Hosting
- Dedicated hosting provides a stable, robust, and secure environment for your website. Users can store huge chunks of data and can also perform more complex tasks without any unnecessary delays or disruptions.
- Dedicated hosting allows users to customize their plan to suit their requirements which is not the case in cloud hosting. Dedicated hosting also gives users complete control of the environment as an administrator, unlike cloud hosting.
- Even though you only have to pay for the services that you use in cloud hosting. Over a period of time as your requirements increase so does the overall cost. In which case it might seem more suitable to opt for dedicated hosting instead of cloud hosting.
- Users in dedicated hosting have access to all the resources and they don’t have to share these resources with other websites. Whereas in cloud hosting users have to share the virtual machines with other websites as well.
In this article, we have discussed the pros and the cons of cloud hosting as well as dedicated hosting. Hopefully, this will help you to make a more suitable decision for your website hosting plan.
If you are looking for any further assistance get in touch with our experts at Ewebguru. We deliver impeccable hosting solutions at an affordable price.
Ashok Arora is CEO and Founder of eWebGuru a leading web hosting company of India. He is a tech enthusiast with more than 25 years of experience in Internet and Technology.
Ashok is Master in Electronics from a leading Indian university.
Ashok loves to write on cloud, servers, datacenter, virtualisation technology.